Wednesday 26 September 2012

Introduction obligatoire

1st post... Obligatory introduction? Time to talk about my motives and visions? Let's start with my surroundings... I'm sitting on a sidewalk bench, on Avenue Mont-Royal, in beautiful Montréal, my home town. It's getting cold outside, but for the first time in 10 years, my hair is longer than my beard (which is getting pretty scruffy in itself) and offers good insulation. Drinking Arizona Iced Tea and dicking around on my iPod...

In truth, this is the perfect time to start a blog. I used to have one - about gaming and comics - that I would update during working hours. This one will be different however. It's going to help me understand my own moral compass... A sort of personal journal open for discussions. Hey, maybe it'll entertain or inspire some peeps.

The crossroads which I am standing at, there's so many ways to go... Except back.

2 years ago, I broke up with "the big ex", the one everyone thought I was gonna have kids with. Ever since, it's been an emotional rollercoster. But you get used to these sensations. And so, I find myself becoming number and number, and only the highest of frustrations or the best of laughs (or help from drugs) gets to me.

Thus, my first step in that new life that I chose for myself, was to quit the customer service job that was killing me, find a more hands-on job for a few months, and purchase a one-way plane ticket.

I've never done anything like that. Always played it safe and boring, and drink all my money away to compensate. I still drink most of it away mind you, but this feeling of adventure, excitement, curiosity... I feel like a kid again. And it's starting to feel fuckin good.

I'm looking forward to speaking with internet weirdos. After all, I'm writing these words for you a much as for me. If not, I'd be writing in a book, and stashing it in a drawer somewhere. I tried Tumblr, but you can't leave comments. So, comment away.

Until my next evening walk interrupted by free Wi-Fi, have a good one.

Make bonds not bombs.

Étienne

No comments:

Post a Comment