Thursday 4 October 2012

Les gens que j'aime.

My goal for this blog was to be a motivator for other people and myself, and to write regularly. A week in, and I already am facing writer's block.

I figured I should write about people that inspire me, but I didn't want to write about some celebrity I've never even shook hands with.

Enter this post.

This dude on the picture. I love this guy. A lot of people do too. Why? Genuine good guy, happy-go-lucky, funny... And a good friend.

Met this guy through a co-worker some 6 years ago. Also was in the circle of friends of "the big ex", and so we got to party together a bunch, and that's how I got to really know him.

He's a perfect exemple of "never too late". I think he's 30, not sure. Started tattooing this summer, seemingly out of the blue. We haven't approached the subject yet, but I suspect he got sick of his 9 to 5 job and decided to put his artistic talent to good use, and at the same time go with one of his passions.

I'm sure he talked it through with the wife (she's pretty awesome too) and so, at an age where most people start settling down and seek security, he took the plunge and decided to do what he liked instead - at a pay cut I'm sure (being an apprentice and all).

As far as we know, we only have one life to live. Why waste it doing something you don't really like, or can't stand at all?

If you're worried about the money, here's a pointer: stop comparing yourself to other people. Mind you, I don't have kids to take care of...

I guess it's one of the important choices to make. Time? Money? Passion? Like a rock-paper-scissors of life.

Age is just a number. Money is, too.

Stay young at heart



Angus works at Sin City MTL.

No comments:

Post a Comment