Tuesday 11 December 2012

Chiang Mai pi toute pi toute

Writing this at Julie's amongst 5 people from France. We are all going to go to Paï together for a reggae festival on the 14th.
Everytime I talk they listen with a big smile and I do my best to use every Québécois slang I know.

The day after the visit in the mountain me and Mathilde went for another scooter ride, in the traffic. By that time I was zip-zappin' between cars like the locals. I have never seen anyone have an accident in Thaïland. The lines on the ground are just a suggestion, but people have the best driving skills: sharp reflexes, and are always aware of their surroundings. It rivals the cosmic awarness powers of Adam Warlock and Thanos, really.

We drove for about an hour to a waterfall where I showered and we had our own meditation time - her with reggae music, me with Clash of Kings - and much needed time out of the city.

The same night I went back to Julie's. Good times.

There was still tonnes of things to see in this city but my love for parties overwhelmed it all.

Random moments:

Going to the sunday market with the firm intention to do all my x-mas shopping there, but finding it so crowded that I decide to avoid it instead.

Going to a Muay Thaï fight.

Making friends everywhere you go.

Sneaking in a luxurious hotel to swim in their pool.

There is really no way I can describe the last few days here. Everything lacking at home I found here, but I know that this is not "real life"... Or is it?

I find myself day-dreaming about opening a coffee shop here with a big Habs sign above the door and poutine on the tables.

Opening a wakeboarding business in Sargeio.

Starting a tattoo shop in Montréal with Big Bill, and having guest artists that would bamboo tattoo in our secret room in the back.

All the guys here are going to Paï but there is a lovely ebony jewel from south africa named Spokazi that I met 2 days ago, that made me decide to stay a day longer.

I might talk about her in the future... Let's just say she made me remember something I thought I lost somewhere, somehow along the way - to quote Johnny Cash - and that I found myself looking at information on work visas for Dubai, where she lives...

I realise that I might be a long, long time away from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment